View Single Post
Old 07-25-2010, 04:01 PM   #19
Marcy
Guru
Marcy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Marcy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Marcy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Marcy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Marcy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Marcy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Marcy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Marcy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Marcy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Marcy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Marcy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2
Quote:
Originally Posted by Starson17 View Post
Now I'm confused. I thought you had entries for each book, and good metadata in those entries, but they pointed to directories that have no actual files (book formats) in them. Are you saying you have no records and no metadata? I use the term "book" to refer to a record in Calibre with metadata. I use the term "format" to refer to a file associated with the book record in a particular format (PDF, TXT, LIT, etc.) Calibre can easily have books without formats (empty records). You can have leftover formats, without an associated book, but Calibre won't know about them.

Either by selecting the earlier date record first in a merge, or by auto merging during an add.
I have an entry for each book, but it points nowhere, i.e. the calibre id# for each book is wrong. I have all 1700+ books with no formats as a result. I have all 1700 books backed up in locations calibre doesn't realize they are at.

What I don't understand is how the auto merge picks the correct info. I'm very paranoid about losing my info after this. If the dates get screwed up I'm not sure how to reconstruct things.

-Marcy
Marcy is offline   Reply With Quote