View Single Post
Old 12-03-2013, 04:56 PM   #4
soulfuldog
I ♥ Calibre
soulfuldog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.soulfuldog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.soulfuldog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.soulfuldog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.soulfuldog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.soulfuldog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.soulfuldog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.soulfuldog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.soulfuldog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.soulfuldog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.soulfuldog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis, Voyage, Sony PRS-350, Hudl2
MOBI or EPUB would be better because they are designed for ereaders, PDF files are designed for computers (they are larger and don't display so well on the smaller 6" screens of ereaders).

I haven't tried either of them because the samples are PDF only. As to which is better between epub or mobi, I'm not sure there will be any difference between them, but if you get a Kindle you will require the mobi format, the Kobo Aura would use the epub version (although if DRM free, you can easily convert between the two if you only had the epub version but had bought a Kindle). I've no idea if the epub/mobi digital guides sold by Lonely Planet are DRM free though.

You can zoom in on the maps (at least in the PDF format) but it's a bit slow and cumbersome. I have the latest Paperwhite.

Here's two screenshots of a map from the PDF sample, first in Landscape view, second in the standard portrait view. Neither looked anywhere near as clear on my Kindle as the screenshots appear!
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	landscape.jpg
Views:	505
Size:	63.5 KB
ID:	116147   Click image for larger version

Name:	portrait.jpg
Views:	476
Size:	59.1 KB
ID:	116148  
soulfuldog is offline   Reply With Quote