View Single Post
Old 07-06-2013, 06:28 AM   #2
Feher
Addict
Feher ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Feher ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Feher ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Feher ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Feher ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Feher ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Feher ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Feher ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Feher ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Feher ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Feher ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Onyx Boox M92; Onyx Boox i86ML; Kobo Aura H2O; Dasung Paperlike
Epub is a format which is not dependent on any device. It isn't a fixed layout format and acts as both input and output i.e. you can reflow text, resize fonts etc from within the reading software. Choose a general profile when converting files to epub. If you wish to modify epub files (paragraphs etc) ...better do it in sigil

On the other hand PDF is a fixed layout format. It is the one i prefer because i can make notes etc in M92. For converting my books to PDF :
1)on page setup i choose generic eink profile and give my preferred margins (10,16,10 and 6)
2)on PDF output tab: i choose custom page size as 5.5x8 inch and keep my font size 19 or 20 - it depends on my preferred font family
3) IF i am converting a programming book which has pre-formatted text, then i add this code is the extra CSS:
Quote:
pre {
white-space: pre-wrap;
}
This basically wraps the code (bring text to the next line which would otherwise get clipped)

Last edited by Feher; 07-06-2013 at 06:53 AM.
Feher is offline   Reply With Quote