View Single Post
Old 03-12-2013, 01:03 PM   #55
Coorodden
Coorodden began at the beginning.

Device: none
Quote:
Originally Posted by stodge View Post
I live in Canada, .... I remember reading that the Kobo supports more formats (and DRM?) so I believe I can download from Amazon (and other places) and copy across to the Kobo. But I can't download from Chapters/Indigo and read the books on the Kindle. Is this correct Thanks
I also live in Canada and considering a new e-reader. I have had two Kindles, both keyboard and purchased two others as gifts. I was very satisfied with both, but these no longer work. I am investigating Kobo but want to purchase e-books from Amazon.com. Even with $ conversion they cost less and there is more variety since some titles are not available in Canada.

I have not had a good experience with Adobe DI. If I buy the Kobo, can anyone say how to remove it? From all accounts, the kindle, whatever version is superior to Kobo. I am not really interested in borrowing from the library.

If Kobo supports both Amazon and Chapters ebooks, then that is a huge plus. I doubt I will be downloading from Chapters. Can anyone tell me how this is done?
Coorodden is offline   Reply With Quote