View Single Post
Old 10-10-2012, 01:02 PM   #6
CWatkinsNash
IOC Chief Archivist
CWatkinsNash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CWatkinsNash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CWatkinsNash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CWatkinsNash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CWatkinsNash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CWatkinsNash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CWatkinsNash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CWatkinsNash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CWatkinsNash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CWatkinsNash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CWatkinsNash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Meebook M7, Paperwhite 2021, Fire HD 8+, Fire HD 10+, Lenovo Tab P12
Quote:
Originally Posted by ncguy68 View Post
When I go to default folder/change and browse to where my books are stored (/mnt/sdcard/my files/books) there is no option for OK.....only (back, manual path, or new folder). If I try to create a new folder I get the message "Could not create folder"
Quote:
Originally Posted by chaley View Post
You don't see "Use this folder" at the top of the list? Tap that line to use the current folder.

Regarding not being able to create a new folder, that happens when Android tells CC that creating the new folder did not succeed. One reason for that is that the sdcard is read-only, or at least Android is telling CC that it is read-only. Why this would be happening is a mystery.
This brings up something that I wanted to mention but forgot, which may or may not help the OP. When in the directory browser, clicking "manual path" will let you enter any existing path, but the button always says "create". This seems awkward and unintuitive.

My tablet's path to the sd card is mnt/external_sd/ - the mnt/sdcard/ is the internal user memory. The directory browser opens on internal memory and won't navigate backwards from there. So I just enter mnt/ into the manual path, click "create" and it takes me to mnt/ so I can navigate to whichever path I want from there. It's faster than typing in the whole path. "Create" is misleading in this context, and possibly confusing. If it hadn't been for my total lack of fear when clicking random buttons () I might be staring at it asking, "how do I get there from here?"
CWatkinsNash is offline   Reply With Quote