View Single Post
Old 08-29-2012, 08:21 PM   #22
jtdolphins
Zealot
jtdolphins ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jtdolphins ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jtdolphins ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jtdolphins ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jtdolphins ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jtdolphins ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jtdolphins ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jtdolphins ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jtdolphins ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jtdolphins ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jtdolphins ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: ipod touch, Kindle3
Quote:
Originally Posted by JAcheson View Post
Didn't Goku come back from the dead several times in the course of DBZ?
There was usually some reason to keep him from fighting the new bad guy and being dead was used at least once.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JAcheson View Post
There are a number of classic manga/anime franchises that are perennials, and get rebooted every decade or so. I don't even know how many Tetsuwan Atomo/Astro Boy adaptations there have been.

There are also a lot of long-running manga series that just stop, rather than having a proper ending. Ranma 1/2, say, or Uresei Yatsura.
There are at least 3 Astro boy cartoons that I have watched could be more.

I think the point being made though, is that it isn't uncommon to find manga or anime that have an actual story with an ending in mind. This is pretty rare in american comics. Yes there are anime/manga that have been going on for years, but there are also a lot that had specific endings. I have a bookcase full of both. I have very few american comics that had specific endings. I'm not talking about books that were canceled either, but were ended by the creative team once they told their story.
jtdolphins is offline   Reply With Quote