View Single Post
Old 05-07-2012, 03:38 AM   #2
chaley
Grand Sorcerer
chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2
Something damaged the #genre column before the search/replace was used. It appears that all the commas in #genre were replaced by letters from "Doctor Who". I have no idea how this happened. It doesn't happen for me using a similar test.

Questions:
1) What kind of column is #genre? My guess is it is a text column, given that there are no ":::" in the results preview.
2) Had you entered "Doctor Who" (or a phrase that ends with that) into any box on any tab of bulk edit, including search/replace?
3) Does it always happen? If so, run calibre in debug mode (click on the down-arrow next to preferences to do this), and post the results.
chaley is offline   Reply With Quote