View Single Post
Old 01-05-2009, 07:42 PM   #1
Philantrop
Addict
Philantrop does all things with Zen-like beautyPhilantrop does all things with Zen-like beautyPhilantrop does all things with Zen-like beautyPhilantrop does all things with Zen-like beautyPhilantrop does all things with Zen-like beautyPhilantrop does all things with Zen-like beautyPhilantrop does all things with Zen-like beautyPhilantrop does all things with Zen-like beautyPhilantrop does all things with Zen-like beautyPhilantrop does all things with Zen-like beautyPhilantrop does all things with Zen-like beauty

Device: Kindles (e-ink)
metadata.db corrupted

I have shredded my metadata.db and it's gone.

I have, however, an sqlite3 dump of the whole database from before the problem occurred.
Thus, I can recreate metadata.db (using sqlite3 metadata.db < dumpfile) which I can verify by connecting to the db and selecting data from it which works fine.
Neither calibredb nor the GUI see any of my books, though.

Instead both claim to update the database and delete all the content while doing so:

Code:
$ calibredb list
Upgrading database to version 2...                                                   
Upgrading database to version 3...                                                   
Upgrading database to version 4...                                                   
idtitleauthors
I can't seem to find a way to stop them doing that. What am I missing and what can I do to recover my data - after all, it's all at my fingertips and yet still so far...
Philantrop is offline   Reply With Quote