View Single Post
Old 04-22-2014, 12:32 PM   #668
Prestidigitweeze
Fledgling Demagogue
Prestidigitweeze ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Prestidigitweeze ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Prestidigitweeze ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Prestidigitweeze ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Prestidigitweeze ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Prestidigitweeze ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Prestidigitweeze ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Prestidigitweeze ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Prestidigitweeze ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Prestidigitweeze ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Prestidigitweeze ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Clara HD; Oasis 2; Aura HD; iPad Air; PRS-350; Galaxy S7.
I noticed that the Chromebook 2s have Exynos processors, which usually means they have Wolfson DACs (since Samsung is currently in partnership with Wolfson and the Exynos is Samsung's tech). The possible effect of this is that Chromebooks might sound really good when you're playing or streaming decently encoded (or lossless) music files. The "elegant stitched design" makes me think of an extremely large Galaxy Note 3 -- only the European version that uses the Exynos (and has much better sound than the American Snapdragon version -- we haven't had the Wolfson in the States since the original Galaxy S).

I'd love to see a teardown of those newer Chromebooks.

Last edited by Prestidigitweeze; 04-22-2014 at 12:38 PM.
Prestidigitweeze is offline   Reply With Quote