View Single Post
Old 02-17-2013, 11:04 AM   #156
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast
HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2, iPad Pro 10.5", iPhone 6
Quote:
Originally Posted by Katsunami View Post
Windows does have embedded systems, they do have a server version, and a supercomputer version. However, as soon as *anything* has to be customized, which is often the case for any system smaller or bigger than a desktop/laptop, then Windows is out of the equation.

The only place where Windows now has a very firm foothold is the desktop and laptop market,
Again I really must disagree with you. Windows Server has an EXTREMELY healthy share of the server market, and its use is most assuredly not "out of the question" where customisation is required. I work, as a systems analyst, for one of the largest computer companies in the world. The division I work in does big projects - for government, multinationals, etc. The overwhelming majority of that work is Windows Server based, not Unix. Many of the largest organisations in the world use Microsoft server products: SQL Server, Exchange Server, Sharepoint, Commerce Server, etc. All these large-scale corporate products are leaders in their market sector. To think that Microsoft is "desktop only" is a very restricted view of the world: it most assuredly is not.
HarryT is offline   Reply With Quote