View Single Post
Old 10-12-2007, 01:27 AM   #15
jbenny
Addict
jbenny has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.jbenny has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.jbenny has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.jbenny has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: Tablet PC and Nokia N800
Quote:
Originally Posted by markgladding View Post
Firstly the speech sample in Bob's post is produced using the RealSpeak Samantha voice, NOT the built in Microsoft voices as noted by jbenny.
If you're going to quote me, then get it right. I did not say that the sample posted was the using a Microsoft voice. In fact, I said that your program, did not come with any voices and by default, used the MS voices. I knew perfectly well that the sample posted used a RealSpeak voice, which you charge extra for. This was not a slight at your software, as this practice is common (which I pointed out in my original post). However, in the case of the BitsDuJoir posting, the impression was given that the sample voice came with the software, as evidenced by comments from other posters in this thread.

My point in posting was to clear up the confusion, so that people who bought your program did not think that they were getting the voice used in the sample at the $5 or even the $25 price. I have never used your software and have no bias against it. I was simply tying to clear up the confusion created by the posting at BitsDuJoir.

When others here asked for a recommendation, I mentioned Nextup.com, since of the several TTS programs that I have tried, I was pleased with their software and thought it was a good deal. Not having used your software, I obviously could not recommend it.
jbenny is offline   Reply With Quote