View Single Post
Old 02-03-2010, 02:25 PM   #2
Robertb
Astak Director, Bus. Devl
Robertb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robertb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robertb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robertb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robertb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robertb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robertb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robertb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robertb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robertb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robertb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Astak Pocket PRO
What formats?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nomadin View Post
Hello,

I have ordered an EZReader Pro and I am curious to know how most of you have standardized your ebook library.

I have a Kindle 1, but I was feeling locked in to a format that is too tied to a single provider. I have also owned a Sony reader. Because of that, I have books in many different formats (mostly LRS, PRC, MOBI, and LIT). The only DRM'd books that I have are the Kindle books. The EZReader supports so many formats that I thought it would work well with my collection and I could standardize on a single format that will be safe for the future.

With that in mind, which format do you use with your EZReader? Do you buy DRM'd books with your EZReader? Are they safe for the future?

Any advice that you might have will be appreciated.
Dear Nomadin:

I work for Astak and I want to welcome you to our happy group. I know you will get a ton of comments.

The DRM on the Pocket PRO is Adobe Digital Editions... so EPUB and PDF are both very strong on your new device. The PDF is reflowable to fit the screen.

Most people have voiced a strong dislike for LIT on the Pocket PRO. I am working with the factory on this but for right now you have to use Calibre to take LIT and put it into a new format. Others here have much more knowledge of Calibre and can explain.

Non-DRM Mobi works fine as does non-DRM PRC. Muti-format PRC eBooks seem to work great.

Some of the greatest minds on here are Wallcraft, Dale, and theDucks. There are others very smart but these three are incredibly helpful. Mr. Duckey (theDucks) is very, very helpful and always on here.

Welcome!!
Robertb is offline   Reply With Quote