View Single Post
Old 07-27-2009, 09:23 AM   #4
Jellby
frumious Bandersnatch
Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Cybook Orizon, Kobo Aura
Quote:
Originally Posted by kovidgoyal View Post
reading metadata from PDFs is slow. A separate process has to be launched for every PDF. What OS are you running calibre on?
It's Mandriva 2009.1 on a Dell Inspiron Mini 10v. But I'm not mass-processing books, I'm importing one by one, so "one process for every PDF" does not sound like too much.

Besides the particular "problem" with PDF metadata (can't something like pdfinfo be used cross-platform?), there's the problem of reading metadata from a file, as it can be done with the cover. I import first a .mobi file, which has only author and title, then I add the .epub, which has author, file-as, title, subjects, date, etc. How could I make Calibre update the metadata in its database from the .epub file?

PS. When I say "issue" or "problem", I mean that's my issue or problem, I don't want to imply there is a problem with Calibre (other than maybe a missing feature that I'd like )
Jellby is offline   Reply With Quote