View Single Post
Old 09-06-2008, 08:29 AM   #124
ashkulz
Addict
ashkulz will become famous soon enoughashkulz will become famous soon enoughashkulz will become famous soon enoughashkulz will become famous soon enoughashkulz will become famous soon enoughashkulz will become famous soon enoughashkulz will become famous soon enough

Device: Kindle 1/REB 1200
Quote:
Originally Posted by nrapallo View Post
I am a bit excited about this .prc to .imp plugin. It works seemlessly now. May be a bit crude as python coding goes, but it works flawlessly!

A great suggestion from Nate, turns out to be a great convenience to ALL ebookwise 1150 users (and the few REB1200 users here).

[snip]

Enjoy and pass this info onto a friend... Native .imp downloading and now .prc download as well! WOW, wow, wow....

p.s. I also include BELOW updated versions of the AdjustSmallestFont.py for each reader (EBW1150 and REB1200).
This is fantastic! done by nrapallo ... looks like my evil plan to get more people involved via plugins is beginning to bear fruits As of now, we have 3 (count them, 3) plugins written by nrapallo: AdjustHtmlSize, PrcConverter, and an unreleased AdjustImageSize which reduces the image size for saving low-memory situations on the 1150.

I've got some new infrastructure enhancements planned in impserve which I plan to implement after this weekend [till which I'm busy in real life]:
  1. add support for ebook detection in impserve
  2. serve only relevant [i.e. 1150/1200] IMPs in book list using ebook detection
  3. allow the plugins to access which ebook is currently detected
  4. refactor the plugin system so that a plugin can take over the whole request and redo the current "local" processing in terms of that
  5. verify working of plugins in the win32 binary distribution
One more idea which I've had for a plugin is to insert a special link on all pages and on clicking it would go to a server page allowing one to create an IMP consisting of all the pages read till then, and name the book. The use-case would be simple: say you're reading a article on the net [or a series of articles], you "save" them one-by-one and when you're finished, click on generate and presto! you have a ready-made IMP which contains everything you just read till now for offline reading [admittedly, this one would be a much more complex plugin].
ashkulz is offline   Reply With Quote