View Single Post
Old 01-28-2013, 07:11 PM   #29
4691mls
Wizard
4691mls ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.4691mls ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.4691mls ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.4691mls ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.4691mls ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.4691mls ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.4691mls ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.4691mls ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.4691mls ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.4691mls ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.4691mls ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: ALL DEVICES ARE STOCK: Kobo Clara, Tolino Shine 2, Sony PRS-T3, T1
After thinking about this some more beyond the knee-jerk response I posted earlier, I realized that when shopping for ebooks (or library ebooks) I am usually shopping by category, so I already know the books I'm browsing are books I'm likely to be interested in. Therefore, I barely notice the covers.

However, if I were wandering among a display of paper books, I would notice the cover. Usually, covers convey something about the type of book. If the cover shows a couple in a passionate embrace, it's a romance; if the covers shows a picture of a gun, it's a mystery/thriller; etc. So if I saw an anime-style cover, I would likely assume the story was anime and pass it by.
4691mls is offline   Reply With Quote