View Single Post
Old 01-23-2008, 12:42 PM   #1
radius
Lector minore
radius ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.radius ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.radius ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.radius ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.radius ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.radius ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.radius ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.radius ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.radius ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.radius ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.radius ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Aura One, Samsung Galaxy Tab S5e, Google Pixel Slate
No hi-res greyscale LCDs?

Hi all,

With all the recent interest in e-ink devices, I was wondering if there were any devices in the market that still used high contrast, high resolution LCDs?

I understand that it wouldn't be quite as high resolution as the new e-ink readers, but I think anything over about 100dpi is "good enough" for me.

The level of contrast I'm talking about would be similar to say, a Psion Revo or HP 48 calculator, which judging from the pictures [edit: of e-ink reader screens] I've seen seems to be better than first generation e-ink screens and possibly better than current ones as well.

[edit: Now that I think of it, the screen on my old Palm V was pretty good too. But it was not high resolution and also suffered a bit from the shadowing problem (which wasn't bad when the pixels were that large)]

Last edited by radius; 01-24-2008 at 11:06 AM.
radius is offline   Reply With Quote