View Single Post
Old 04-21-2012, 11:24 AM   #394
Valentinka
Zealot
Valentinka has a spectacular aura aboutValentinka has a spectacular aura aboutValentinka has a spectacular aura aboutValentinka has a spectacular aura aboutValentinka has a spectacular aura aboutValentinka has a spectacular aura aboutValentinka has a spectacular aura aboutValentinka has a spectacular aura aboutValentinka has a spectacular aura aboutValentinka has a spectacular aura aboutValentinka has a spectacular aura about

Device: Kindle DXG, Sony PRS-T1, M92, iPad 3, ex-JetBook Color
Quote:
Originally Posted by ProDigit View Post

I take the words of valentika with a grain of salt, but I understand the problem she described from both sides.
The company clearly did not think this through; and now they lost $400, and a JBC, in exchange for a regular jetbook.
The crime lies in Paypal, in that Valentika should have returned the item to ectaco like should have been part of the return policy to retrieve the money.

Sending it to paypal and receiving the money, is paypal stealing $400 from ectaco, and getting a device for that.

However there may exist a third possibility, that someone at paypal decided to buy the device, perhaps wanted to buy it but thought the $500 was a little too high. He thought to return the $400 to paypal, AND return another $400 to valentika, in exchange for a Jetbook Color.
In which case, Ectaco got their money, and rid of a problematic customer,
Someone at paypal got a JBC for $400, without having to send a Jetbook to Ectaco, so good deal for them,
And valentika is happy thinking she got the money back at a loss for ectaco.
However, what i think is more true in this is that,
The only one at a disadvantage is Valentika, who lost a jetbook, an 2 shipments (one for the jetbook, and one for the JBC), without gaining anything out of this deal.

If the third is true, then Valentika must have agreed to the terms, and the deal should have been a bad one for her; but a good one for ectaco, and for the mistery man @ paypal providing $400 for a JBC.
ProDigit,

What you are talking about? I never mentionned that Paypal asked ME to send JBC to Paypal. At some point of my story, some time ago, BEFORE refunding me my money, Paypal asked me to return JBC to Ectaco. Paypal provided me with Ectaco's shipping address and Paypal even paid the shipping fee for me to ship my JBC to Ectaco. I closely followed Paypal's instruction. I shipped JBC to Ectaco and provided Paypal with the tracking number the same day. Paypal shared this tracking number with Ectaco right away. So Ectaco knew (5 days before they received my JBC) that the package is coming and Ectaco could track the package. Then Ectaco received the package with my JBC and choose to refuse the delivery. So the package with my JBC arrived back to my place. Paypal refunded me money since I attempted to return my JBC to Ectaco. That's all.

So I still have JBC in my physical possession. I am ready to ship it back to Ectaco again any time if Ectaco asks me to do it and pays the shipping fee this time. So far I didn't receive such request from Ectaco.

The point is that Paypal NEVER told ME to ship JBC to Paypal. So I completely don't understand what you are discussing here.

Last edited by Valentinka; 04-21-2012 at 11:30 AM.
Valentinka is offline   Reply With Quote