View Single Post
Old 10-17-2007, 02:19 AM   #11
aapezzuto
Zealot
aapezzuto will become famous soon enoughaapezzuto will become famous soon enoughaapezzuto will become famous soon enoughaapezzuto will become famous soon enoughaapezzuto will become famous soon enoughaapezzuto will become famous soon enough

Device: none
I apoligise for my time away... I had twins (well my wife did) and they are doing well. so here is what I have learned in my testing:
  • light wedges work, but provied very uneven light
  • most LEDs that are bright enough to work use 3,5or6v
  • polymer clay starts of really hard before you work it
  • light channel or LGP (light guide plate) are common terms for what we have be talking about
  • Lightwedge(tm) will warp at 275 degrees in under 5 min (thats the temp the polymer clay sets at)
  • Keeping twins in diapers is expensive and I may need a benevolent benefactor to continue testing.

During this research I have found that certain electronic screens and large display boxes are the major use for this technology. It is frequently generically referred to as edge lighting. I did manage to build a working 3v prototype from a chunk of lightwedge and a SPDT switch... and a cute little LED, but it warped in the final stage of frame construction. I will be making another on unless I can get a hold of a superior material. I doubt that I will manage to attract any funding, but if you are desperate for a good 505 book light, and have a little money you want to throw at it, I am dedicated to getting one that looks nice and works well. Please PM me... or give me some Karma (im becoming a bit of a Karma whore!)
aapezzuto is offline   Reply With Quote