View Single Post
Old 11-15-2012, 04:28 AM   #4
DoctorOhh
US Navy, Retired
DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Icarus Illumina XL HD, Nexus 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by Truthowl View Post
When I open jobs it seems to be scanning the entire 32gigs. Is there a way to make it scan only 1 directory? Or 1 directory and all it's sub-directories would be even better?
No. If you are connecting to calibre as a device via MTP then there is no way to limit the scanning of your device.

Quote:
I already bought Calibre Library and never got it working on my old Pandigital.
The Calibre Library App has absolutely no ties to calibre and as such your past experience with this app is of no concern to this conversation.

Quote:
Also, not interested in CC.
... I just want to use Calibre to transfer my books to my device when I'm ready for a new selection.
Actually if you have a wireless router in your house, want to limit the directories calibre scans and you want to use "Calibre to transfer my books to my device" then you do want Calibre Companion (CC). This app does exactly what you state you want to do.

Quote:
Sorry if the tone of this seems like a complaint.
The long scanning time via MTP has frustrated folks so your tone in reference to this issue is understandable.

Quote:
I Googled and read a post about someone having a long scanning issue and it frustrated me that he was basically hounded to buy the CC thing.
This is currently the only option there is to the book scanning issue. No one has ever been hounded.

Quote:
It never said anything about being able to select a folder to scan, or not. lol Basically wasted my time reading a commercial I guess.
I cannot recall any thread about the scanning device issue that did not state that there currently wasn't a way to limit this if you connect to your device via MTP.

Bottom line is if you have a wireless router in your house, Calibre Companion is the solution to your problem. I have a Nexus 7 with 2026 books on it. Using CC I was able to connect to calibre and update all metadata on my device in 1 minute and 18 seconds. It only scanned the directories I have configured to hold my books. I also have the ability to not scan for new books.

Good Luck.
DoctorOhh is offline   Reply With Quote