View Single Post
Old 03-17-2010, 05:05 AM   #13
rollercoaster
Zealot
rollercoaster once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.rollercoaster once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.rollercoaster once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.rollercoaster once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.rollercoaster once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.rollercoaster once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.rollercoaster once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.rollercoaster once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.rollercoaster once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.rollercoaster once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.rollercoaster once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.

Device: Kindle 2
Question

Quote:
Originally Posted by kovidgoyal View Post
Override the article_downloaded method. Just call the base class method first and then do watever is needed.
I am returning to this after a bit of time. had a look at the documentation but couldn't find the signature etc for the article_downloaded method.

What i need to do is: Override article_downloaded(<params???>) and
  • call the base article_downloaded()
  • For each entry in each feed (//feed/entry) -
    • Get the ID of the entry from the XML (soup?) (//feed/entry/id)
    • POST to an API url to mark it as read with the cookie and token fetched in get_browser() [with the same browser instance?]

is article_downloaded() called once or once per feed or once per entry?
also how to I write to the log so I can do some debugging etc..

sorry if I am frustrating u. I dont really know python and just read an overview of the syntax. thanks in advance

Last edited by rollercoaster; 03-17-2010 at 05:47 AM.
rollercoaster is offline   Reply With Quote