View Single Post
Old 11-07-2012, 08:28 PM   #34864
Stitchawl
Opsimath
Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-650, iPhone 5, Kobo Glo, Sony PRS-350, iPad, Samsung Galaxy
Quote:
Originally Posted by issybird View Post
This didn't sound right to me, so I checked into it. Either the universe has it in for your friend, or his recollection his faulty. I looked up the odds for the Tri-State Megabucks and they're about one in six for any prize, the lowest of which is $2. Since there are two drawings per week, even if he bought only one ticket per drawing, he'd win something on an average of once every three weeks. Since he's doubling down on his bet when he loses and since the prize pool includes bigger prizes, he should be doing far better than only $2 to $4 a year. Something is rotten in the state of Vermont, New Hampshire, or Maine!

Then suffice it to say that something is rotten in the state of Vermont, New Hampshire, or Maine! You live there, right? Try it yourself and see if you win once every three weeks. It will only cost you $6 to find out if they are telling the truth. If one could win 'cash' once every three weeks, more people would be playing. Although $2 is the minimum cash prize, one can also win a free ticket. Besides the $2-$4 wins, he does win a free ticket more often. But you can't buy tea with a free ticket...

Trust... but verify.

Stitchawl

Last edited by Stitchawl; 11-07-2012 at 08:31 PM.
Stitchawl is offline   Reply With Quote