View Single Post
Old 07-04-2010, 04:04 AM   #20
chaley
Grand Sorcerer
chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by Starson17 View Post
Until then, we can change the configuration directory when we change the library with a batch file as discussed above.
I never change the library explicitly. I change configuration directories and use the library associated with that configuration. This way, I only need to remember one thing, which is about the capacity of my short-term memory these days.

For example, to start up my 'production' library (the one I never use while developing), I have a command file called calibre_prod.bat that runs the following two commands in a command box:
Code:
set CALIBRE_CONFIG_DIRECTORY=C:\CBH_Data\calibre\config_production
calibre
Double-clicking on calibre_prod.bat gives the the configuration and library that I want.

FWIW: There is no problem having many configurations for one library, but there should be only one library for a configuration.

FWIW bis: Adding a --with-configuration option is hard, because the configuration information is used before the options are looked at.
chaley is offline   Reply With Quote