View Single Post
Old 04-06-2010, 09:31 PM   #2
ardeegee
Maratus speciosus butt
ardeegee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ardeegee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ardeegee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ardeegee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ardeegee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ardeegee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ardeegee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ardeegee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ardeegee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ardeegee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ardeegee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS-350
Quote:
Originally Posted by ficbot View Post
So, what do I do with it once I have it? Is there a way to display such a thing, assuming I am treating it not so much as a 'book I want to sit down and read' but as a memento from my grandmother, whose relationship I treasure? Ideally, I think I would like some sort of shadow box type thing where I could sort of frame the book and perhaps hang it on the wall, but it would be removable easily if I wanted to occasionally take the book out and show it to someone. It is very fragile (this book is probably 40 years old or more) so if the display method would somehow help protect/preserve it, excellent. Ideas?
40 years is nothing for a well-made book that has been stored reasonably. If it is already very fragile, then it wasn't printed on acid free paper, and will get worse unless you have it professionally preserved. don't know how much money you are willing to put into something like that.

http://www.ptlp.com/deacid.html
ardeegee is offline   Reply With Quote