View Single Post
Old 12-19-2012, 01:58 AM   #22
frahse
occasional author
frahse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frahse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frahse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frahse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frahse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frahse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frahse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frahse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frahse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frahse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frahse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Location: Wandering God's glorious hills, valleys and plains.
Device: A Franklin BI (before Internet) was the first. I still have it.
Quote:
Originally Posted by teh603 View Post
Y'know, I learned on some fairly un-tactile Mac keyboards back in the day? A too- clackey keyboard doesn't work for me. I guess it would matter to someone who started using the old pre-PS2 keyboards or on an actual typewriter, though. The parents learned on (and still have) their mechanical typewriters, and have had a difficult time moving to an actual keyboard.

There's times when I wonder if they're looking for the fraction keys.

Edit: Course there's sometimes when I *wish* they still had fraction keys.
I took a typing course in high shool on a LC Smith mechanical. 40 words a minute on a 10 minute writing, switching sheets of paper when the first ran out. 3 errors. I was very proud. Course that girl over there on the machine that they brought in the typewriter guy to tune, did over 80. Didn't much like her at the time.

Clicky, clacky, curvy, good travel is for me!
frahse is offline   Reply With Quote