View Single Post
Old 09-29-2012, 11:25 AM   #60
corroonb
Addict
corroonb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.corroonb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.corroonb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.corroonb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.corroonb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.corroonb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.corroonb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.corroonb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.corroonb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.corroonb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.corroonb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Voyage, Kobo Aura, Nexus 9
Has anyone had any serious problems manually installing this firmware?

The problem I had with the Kobo Touch out of the box was the frankly dreadful touch screen response, this is still an issue with some of the smaller icons. The page turn speed however was fine but has become slower than my Sony PRS-505 with the 2.0.0 update.

Since the hardware is standardised (I assume), how does the Desktop software decide what devices to deliver the new firmware to?

Overall I like the device a lot but I'm not impressed by any company that introduces such serious performance bugs to firmware updates. I hope Kobo realises that first impressions are important and that the Kobo Touch at present does not make a good first impression for some users.
corroonb is offline   Reply With Quote