Thread: Why Adobe?
View Single Post
Old 01-17-2013, 11:22 AM   #25
fjtorres
Grand Sorcerer
fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: T100TA,PW2,PRS-T1,KT,FireHD 8.9,K2, PB360,BeBook One,Axim51v,TC1000
Quote:
Originally Posted by HarryT View Post
WELL under, I suspect. Amazon's domination of the UK market is much more complete than it is in the US, because we lack the strong 2nd-place player that B&N is in the US. I know numerous people with readers - every single one of them is a Kindle.
And it's not just Amazon in the non-ADEPT camp.
People tend to neglect Apple's share because it doesn't sell dedicated ebook reader gadgets and iBooks is a minority player even on their own devices. But there's a honking *lot* of Apple devices out there. Most estimates I've seen have them at 15% of the US. And they may not be a true global player like Amazon but they are in more markets than Kobo. (30+ if I remember correctly.)
And if Nook gets any kind of international traction on the ebook side, ADEPT share is more likely to drop than to grow.
Right now, the "great white hope" of ADEPT is google. And what is their ebook market share like?
fjtorres is offline   Reply With Quote