Thread: Travel Writers
View Single Post
Old 07-26-2012, 08:12 AM   #17
Jozawun
Fanatic
Jozawun ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jozawun ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jozawun ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jozawun ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jozawun ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jozawun ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jozawun ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jozawun ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jozawun ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jozawun ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jozawun ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Cybook Gen 3, Pocketbook 902, Sony 650
Quote:
Originally Posted by HomeInMyShoes View Post
I haven't read them yet, but I put I've put:

The Snow Leopard by Peter Matthiessen, In Patagonia by Bruce Chatwin and The Grey Islands by John Steffler on my probable read lists. Two of them are on my challenge list for next year.

The Great Railway Bazaar almost made the list as well, and still might.
I tried reading The Snow Leopard years ago, but it was such incredibly hard work I gave up halfway.
It was only then that I noticed the cover blurb described it as "numinous"; serves me right, that should have been enough to set off the "Danger Will Robinson!" bells and whistles.
Jozawun is offline   Reply With Quote