View Single Post
Old 04-17-2008, 12:00 PM   #14
Barcey
Wizard
Barcey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barcey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barcey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barcey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barcey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barcey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barcey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barcey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barcey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barcey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barcey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo H2O / Aura HD / Glo / iPad3
For me it's about the lack of refresh visual noise. If you've ever taken a picture of a LCD display you see what I'm talking about. Somehow all this noise is filtered out somewhere between my optic nerves and (few remaining) brain cells into a stable image. My theory is that it's this noise filtering that generates the fatigue and it's difficult to measure and impacts people differently.

If you compare a progressive scan HDTV image to an interlaced image at the same resolution it's a similar comparison but the e-ink has no refresh. Most people would find the progressive scan is better to look at.

Some LCD displays do a much better job of filtering the noise then others. I haven't seen a Nokia N800 to compare but it sounds like they've done a good job with the display.
Barcey is offline   Reply With Quote