View Single Post
Old 08-30-2010, 10:57 PM   #9
Gwen Morse
Addict
Gwen Morse never is beset by a damp, drizzly November in his or her soul.Gwen Morse never is beset by a damp, drizzly November in his or her soul.Gwen Morse never is beset by a damp, drizzly November in his or her soul.Gwen Morse never is beset by a damp, drizzly November in his or her soul.Gwen Morse never is beset by a damp, drizzly November in his or her soul.Gwen Morse never is beset by a damp, drizzly November in his or her soul.Gwen Morse never is beset by a damp, drizzly November in his or her soul.Gwen Morse never is beset by a damp, drizzly November in his or her soul.Gwen Morse never is beset by a damp, drizzly November in his or her soul.Gwen Morse never is beset by a damp, drizzly November in his or her soul.Gwen Morse never is beset by a damp, drizzly November in his or her soul.

Device: Kindle 3 (wifi) + nokia n900 tablet phone
Could problems with case sensitivity be why I'm losing ebooks in my Calibre library?

I had thought it was Dropbox, but I've moved my library out of my Dropbox path.

Situation: I have a laptop dual booting Fedora 13 and Windows 7 64-bit. I run Calibre on both and use Calibre in both OSes to update Metadata.

I don't believe all I'm doing is changing the case of titles, but it may be possible. What is definately happening is that after I update metadata on particular ebooks, they disappear from the directory. I routinely switch from Windows to Linux and back again over the course of a day (depends on if I want to play PC games or not). I don't know when they disappear, I'm starting the whole process over again from a backup to try to check it out.

A side effect of what's happening is that the tag "format:false" does _NOT_ show these empty directories. I only realize they're empty when, after spending a day updating metadata on (for example) my 50-ish Piers Anthony books I think "Hmmm...maybe I'd like to reread one of those books" and when I go to convert it to mobi format I get an error message about missing a format to convert. Looking in the source directory, I see it's empty. The file was there before the Metadata update.

It could be a case sensitivity issue, it could be I was running conflicting versions of Calibre (do both OSes have to have the SAME EXACT version or can one be a version or two behind?)

I can limit myself to only using Windows for now, but, it sure would be nice if there would be a way to track down the cause of the deletes!

Gwen

Last edited by Gwen Morse; 08-30-2010 at 11:02 PM.
Gwen Morse is offline   Reply With Quote