View Single Post
Old 03-27-2009, 01:03 PM   #13
thibaulthalpern
Evangelist
thibaulthalpern ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thibaulthalpern ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thibaulthalpern ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thibaulthalpern ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thibaulthalpern ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thibaulthalpern ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thibaulthalpern ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thibaulthalpern ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thibaulthalpern ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thibaulthalpern ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thibaulthalpern ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: my two eyes, KLiiK, Sony PRS-700
Wink

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moejoe View Post
And here's another problem they'll have to face... free ebooks without DRM from upcoming writers and all the classics available from places like Feedbooks.

I wouldn't have to spend another penny and I could read for the rest of my life for free with just a smidgen of the wide PD catalogue that's available. I could also limit my choice to upcoming writers (lots of them about and lots producing good work) who refuse DRM on their works. Donating to them is worth the price if not only to support their talent, but also the ease of use of their products.

I have bought 1 DRM'd book so far since I got my Sony, and it will be my very last. What a pain in the ass that whole process is. It's Feedbooks and indie authors from now on for me.
Hmm...I don't base my reading on whether a book is DRM free or not. I base it on whether it serves a purpose for what I need it to do. As a scholar who accesses certain books for research and updating knowledge and so forth, I can't base my reading off of whether a book is DRM free or not ;-)

I'm sure you know what I mean. However, there are LOTS of professions out there where reading published works is not a requirement, so there your point could applied.
thibaulthalpern is offline   Reply With Quote