View Single Post
Old 02-12-2009, 01:44 PM   #24
nrapallo
GuteBook/Mobi2IMP Creator
nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: REB1200 EBW1150 Device: T1 NSTG iLiad_v2 NC Device: Asus_TF Next1 WPDN
Quote:
Originally Posted by llasram View Post
That's largely in line with the goal of the calibre project as well, which is well on it's way there with a large user-base. Any way to convince you to contribute to calibre instead of rolling your own?
Ooohhh, a merger, of sorts, or takeover!

While I would welcome the marriage of these two tools, ConvertIMP is really an "extraction" tool right now, to get the underlying .html/images/styles. The results can then be easily converted to .prc / .lrf / .imp / .epub using existing command line programs, calibre included.

ashkulz was thinking about doing the native Calibre .imp support a while back, but .imp generation is not easily supported cross-platform (Windows/MacOS/Linux) so that would be a major hurdle. Unfortunately, we need, first and foremost, the ETI eBook Publisher software to accomplish .imp generation.

When, and if, Michael can generate .imp ebooks directly without the eBook Publisher's .dlls this will become useful for "converting to .imp". For now, I think "converting from .imp" would only be possible.

What are your thoughts, Michael?

BTW, I'm not proficient enough in python to contribute direct code, but can be available for the tough questions.
nrapallo is offline   Reply With Quote