View Single Post
Old 01-24-2011, 01:38 PM   #20
itimpi
Wizard
itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-950, iphone/ipad (Marvin/iBooks/QuickReader)
I understand Kovid's point of view about being paranoid about unexpected data loss. I was just making the point that if someone is designing/working on a replacement dialog or feature the reverse use case where newest wins is not that uncommon. The trick will be to come up with a user-friendly way of offering the user control without, as you say, an overwhelming number of choices.

If I saw a simple solution I would already be suggesting it . Maybe a user preference with a simple way of toggling it might be the answer as one tends to be working in one mode during bulk import and another in daily library maintenance.
itimpi is offline   Reply With Quote