View Single Post
Old 09-02-2010, 02:57 PM   #1
tiniree
Zealot
tiniree calls his or her ebook reader Vera.tiniree calls his or her ebook reader Vera.tiniree calls his or her ebook reader Vera.tiniree calls his or her ebook reader Vera.tiniree calls his or her ebook reader Vera.tiniree calls his or her ebook reader Vera.tiniree calls his or her ebook reader Vera.tiniree calls his or her ebook reader Vera.tiniree calls his or her ebook reader Vera.tiniree calls his or her ebook reader Vera.tiniree calls his or her ebook reader Vera.

Device: Nook 1st Gen
Smile Just bought a Nook

Hello -

Bought a Nook earlier in the week. Being completely "un-techno savvy" this little gadget has been easy to use!

In June I had emergency eye surgery and unfortunately the outcome was much less than expected leaving me unable to read or focus on anything! With the help of an ophthalmologist I can now read some things using very high powered glasses AND a magnifying glass.

I was getting ready to "lose it" if I couldn't at least read a book, my favorite hobby, (books on tape just don't "do it") and found a link about e-readers online. I had never even heard of them

After doing research on the different models, it came down to two basic things: 1) With my glasses & magnifying glass, could I read the largest font and 2) Expense of books available.

I picked up the nook because it met both my above requirements. The extra-extra large font enables me to actually read, and I can download books directly from my public library system for free, as well as other free ebooks on line. When I spoke with the main library here in Phoenix, they said they had the best response from Nook owners for ease, clarity and overall lack of problems.

I am happy to say that with help from my family, I have downloaded over 20 books (all free) and spent last night actually reading late into the night

I look forward to "meeting" you all and getting tips and tricks for my new toy.

Marie

Last edited by tiniree; 09-02-2010 at 03:01 PM.
tiniree is offline   Reply With Quote