View Single Post
Old 11-24-2009, 03:05 PM   #5
forkyfork
Zealot
forkyfork once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.forkyfork once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.forkyfork once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.forkyfork once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.forkyfork once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.forkyfork once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.forkyfork once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.forkyfork once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.forkyfork once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.forkyfork once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.forkyfork once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.

Device: It's a long story ;)
Quote:
Originally Posted by wallcraft View Post
If Amazon will fix it, why doesn't the seller do this and then sell the fixed version.

A broken Kindle still gets you access to the Kindle store. This is worth something ($75?) today if you want to buy Kindle AZWs and strip their DRM. If someone works out how to get the PID associated with Kindle for PC, this value drops to zero (because you won't need a Kindle to get circumventable ebooks).
I think the seller just doesn't have the time or have the want. Some people don't like the idea of sitting on the phone with customer service all day, even though to me it's not a big deal.

I can already purchase Kindle books through the app on the iphone, so being able to get Kindle books isn't a big deal for me.
forkyfork is offline   Reply With Quote