View Single Post
Old 10-09-2009, 11:01 AM   #58
Mrgauth
Addict
Mrgauth has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Mrgauth has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Mrgauth has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Mrgauth has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: K3
I did do the 30 day trial on a K2 and sent it back promptly thereafter. Got a 505 and find it much better. Far easier to read from, which is the ONLY reason I wanted one of these.

The whole wireless thing is a neat toy but absolutely unnecessary imo. I found the text-to-speech thingie another worthless toy, unless you enjoy every 5th word not being pronounced humanlike at all. If you want a wireless shopper, go for it. If you want to actually read books, get the one you can read from the easiest, whether it is a 505, 600, or some other reader altogether. I found the 505 an easier size to manage, much more contrast between text and background(my biggest complaint with the K2), and at the time it was cheaper. A nice bonus, but I would have gotten the 505 in the end because of readability regardless of price.

I agree, the K2 is NOT a step up. Maybe an even purchase if the K2 has the features you demand (maybe you don't have a home computer to download books to), but my #1 advice is get the one that is easiest to hold for extended periods and easiest to read in various light conditions. I can easily read my 505 in low light and could not read the K2 AT ALL. Spend most of my time standing in windows or leaning in on my lamps. Hated it.
Mrgauth is offline   Reply With Quote