Thread: $13 eReader?
View Single Post
Old 10-28-2012, 07:23 PM   #144
Elfwreck
Grand Sorcerer
Elfwreck ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Elfwreck ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Elfwreck ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Elfwreck ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Elfwreck ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Elfwreck ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Elfwreck ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Elfwreck ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Elfwreck ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Elfwreck ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Elfwreck ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Pocketbook Touch HD3 (Past: Kobo Mini, PEZ, PRS-505, Clié)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ladyrixx View Post
I think it could be really good for some things. I read a lot of manga on my reader, and when a new chapter comes out I have to download it using one piece of software, import it into Calibre, convert it to an epub, connect my reader and transfer it. If I could handle most of that on my phone, which I carry with me anyway, and push it out to my reader in almost real time, that would be a really big deal.
If it lets you push webpages to the reader: that would, indeed, be a handy device, worth the cost even if it only holds a few at a time.

If, however, it only works on already-formatted ebooks, which have to be uploaded through its special software, it's a lot less useful. And so far the descriptions imply the latter, but there's not enough detail to be sure.
Elfwreck is offline   Reply With Quote