View Single Post
Old 09-16-2012, 01:02 PM   #14
pssquirrel
ebooknut
pssquirrel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pssquirrel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pssquirrel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pssquirrel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pssquirrel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pssquirrel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pssquirrel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pssquirrel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pssquirrel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pssquirrel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pssquirrel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Voyage & Oasis
Quote:
Originally Posted by Frescard View Post
What I've done to automatically get rid of the "New" mark is to define a default value for the database cell.
Nice tweak!

I just wanted to check something, though, since what I know about databases could fit in a thimble. When I attempted the above using SQLite Manager for Firefox, I got this warning:

"This is a potentially dangerous operation. SQLite does not support statements that can alter a column in a table. Here, we attempt to reconstruct the new CREATE SQL statement by looking at the pragma table_info which does not contain complete information about the structure of the existing table. Do you still want to proceed?"

I don't understand what this warning means or what the potential consequences are if I ignore it.

Is it really okay to proceed? Thx!
pssquirrel is offline   Reply With Quote