View Single Post
Old 12-04-2011, 11:55 PM   #4
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zeusdafreak View Post
Oh ok. I had it backwards. I was wondering about having all those original_mobi files. It makes more sense to me now that you have explained it. I am so glad I asked the question now. I would have spent days converting my 8000+ mobi books and then I would have deleted the wrong file and went back to square one!

So I convert them all again from mobi to mobi to remove the personal doc tag. This will give me three files, the mobi, the original_mobi and an opf file in the folder. I then delete the ORIGINAL_MOBI that is there using the bulk metadata removal and I am done right? Also what about the metafile.opf? I assume this file contains the new information and should be left untouched?
If you can see that, you are peeking under the skirts
That file is the backup of the line item in your DB and will be used to recover from the actual Library folders if needed.

There should have been a Cover there also.

But bottom line: messing with files there can damage your Library. The GUI can do all that is normally needed.
theducks is offline   Reply With Quote