View Single Post
Old 05-07-2011, 09:53 PM   #185
MykelAlvis
MykelAlvis once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.MykelAlvis once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.MykelAlvis once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.MykelAlvis once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.MykelAlvis once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.MykelAlvis once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.MykelAlvis once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.MykelAlvis once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.MykelAlvis once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.MykelAlvis once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.MykelAlvis once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.

Device: Nook
Quote:
Originally Posted by dwanthny View Post
No. It works now, correct?
Sorry. I was unclear.

The new version of the goodreads plugin solves my issue. @kiwidude is unarguably the bomb.

The remaining question isn't about the plugin. It's about the plugin environment. The webbrowser.open call should have worked but doesn't. More precisely, it does not run on a 64-bit Fedora box using a non-RPM distribution of Calibre. Beyond that, I'm uncertain.

The webbrowser.open behavior is likely a fringe issue, but just because a bug doesn't affect a number of people doesn't mean it shouldn't be reported. Along with that, it might not be a bug. It's possible that this is a known limitation within the plugin environment. Given that I don't work with the calibre code, it's probable that the reporting should fall to @kiwidude since he has far greater context to share than I do. Also, @kiwidude might not think it particularly worthy of reporting and if that's the case, I accept his evaluation. I was just offering to do the scut work of entering the issue if the situation warrants it, which I believe it does.
MykelAlvis is offline   Reply With Quote