View Single Post
Old 07-30-2010, 02:31 PM   #10
WJMuldowney
Connoisseur
WJMuldowney began at the beginning.

Device: Nook
I downloaded the soft root 2.4.1, reverted back to 1.00 as per instructions, loaded the 2.4.1 onto my memory card, and now I have a few questions.

The launcher seems to be a modified version of the 1.4 icons and separating out the two games on the nook. The buttons are no longer rounded, but they do appear shiny rather than the flat colors used on 1.1. Other than that and a B&N button which looks like it keeps the same icons but combines the games under one icon, I see no difference between the soft root launcher and the 1.4 launcher I had previously.

I don't see a Trook icon, a launcher settings icon, or anything else that looks new. It also didn't ask which browser I wanted to use, which I've seen was present in earlier versions. In short, other than shiny squared buttons and a couple cosmetic changes, I don't see any difference nor can I access the features I expected to find.

Finally, when I plugged my nook into my PC, it tried to find a driver for the ADB and couldn't. I downloaded the Windows version and when I had the installer browse to that folder, it said it couldn't find a driver...odd.

Not sure what's happening.

Quote:
Originally Posted by poutine View Post
I packaged this up, simplified the instructions on the website, and released it today, enjoy:

http://nookdevs.com/Softroot

Included Features/Software:
* ADB over USB
* NookLibrary 0.1.0 - Allows for better organization of sideloaded books with enhanced sorting abilities.
* NookBrowser 0.0.9 - Predates the official browser, some different functionality.
* NookFileManager 0.0.2 - Allows you to deal with filesystem operations without needing ADB.
* Nooklets (rev:3) - Allows for mini javascript/web games to be easily made for the nook.
* Trook (rev:68) - RSS Reader, Allows syncing with Calibre
* mynook.ru Launcher - This allows for 3rd party applications to be installed and executed.
* Non-Market App Fixes - The Android system was modified to allow non-market apps to be install/upgraded
* Helper Scripts - A minimal amount of helper scripts have been written to help with Softroot/ROM upgrades.

It really is a nice and polished release this time.
WJMuldowney is offline   Reply With Quote