View Single Post
Old 07-09-2014, 11:06 AM   #136
sakura-panda
Guru
sakura-panda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sakura-panda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sakura-panda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sakura-panda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sakura-panda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sakura-panda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sakura-panda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sakura-panda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sakura-panda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sakura-panda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sakura-panda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: 2017 10.5" iPad Pro (Kobo, NOOK, Kindle, Google Play Books & Scribd)
Quote:
Originally Posted by tomsem View Post
You can certainly logout from one account and login with another one on the iOS and Android apps.

However there is a fairly lengthy 'sync' required each time you do that (I probably have several thousand songs in my library, between purchased and Prime content that I've added). And you would be blowing away any content you had downloaded for offline listening. So it would not work very well.

Pandora has nothing like that amount of data to sync, typically only a few dozen 'channels', so that scenario is workable.

Really, mobile devices are 'personal' and not designed to be shared (with the possible exception of Windows tablets).
I'm not thinking of mobile devices; I'm thinking of apps that we use on our TV or with our Roku box (on TVs without built-in apps). It would be all streaming; no need to store anything offline. I realize Amazon isn't there yet, but Pandora is, and our theater sound system works well for listening to music. At the moment, I use the web browser on the TV and I listen to my library using Google Play.

(I could look into other ways to hook my phone up directly to the speakers, but it's nice to not tie up my phone that way if I don't need to.)

Pandora sent me an email that their rates are going up to match Slacker, and I cancelled Slacker after a few months (I tried it a couple of years ago when I cancelled satellite radio) because it didn't give me any *more* than Pandora but cost more money. I don't know yet how I feel about their price increase; for now I signed up for Amazon Prime and I'm going to let my Pandora subscription lapse and see if I miss it.

Since signing up, I've added a dozen songs to the kids's playlist on my phone and I've seen several more that I want to add. (I want to try them out with the kids first and see if they like them.)

I use iTunes and Google Play for my own library, but am going to look at whether Amazon can import my iTunes library (the way that Google does) and then I'll start going through their library for myself. I like their playlists, and especially like that it can be mixed into my own music; I have to get my own music into my Amazon cloud so that I can stream everything from the cloud rather than storing it on my phone.
sakura-panda is offline   Reply With Quote