View Single Post
Old 02-13-2010, 04:18 AM   #29
HansTWN
Wizard
HansTWN ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HansTWN ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HansTWN ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HansTWN ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HansTWN ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HansTWN ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HansTWN ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HansTWN ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HansTWN ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HansTWN ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HansTWN ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: HP Touchpad, Sony Duo 13, Lumia 920, Kobo Aura HD
Quote:
Originally Posted by kjk View Post
What I'm not interested in reading is the "No one should buy or use Apple products/Steve Jobs sucks" rants. I totally respect your take on it, and totally respect your decision not to ever buy Apple products, or believe anything Steve Jobs says. You can even egg his house if you want. I don't care. But I don't want to have to wade through them in this forum, which is for people interested in buying and using Apple products, specifically in terms of reading and eBooks on Apple products, but also in a wider sense, how Apple does things.
Apparently you have not really read any of my other posts. While I have my issues with Jobs, I have only mentioned them at an appropriate time (e.g. the answer to "why doesn't the iPad have flash?" answer: "Steve Jobs' relationship with Adobe"). And I have always approached to shortcomings from the angle of what can be done to work around them. And if there ever was a place for some serious criticism, it was the thread -- started by you! -- "10 reasons why I won't be buying the iPad". A specific thread, to discuss problems with the iPad. And sorry, this may include some problems with the company, service, direction, etc. It may enlighten you to read the Irex DR forum, where people discuss issues with the device, service, updates, etc.

Seriously, in spite of your frequent protestations, you do seem to take constructive criticism as a personal attack. And for the 10th time, if I had no interest in the iPad, I wouldn't waste my time trolling around this subforum. So may I suggest that you actually read what I have written?

And iPad "haters"? Jesus, how can anyone hate what he/she hasn't even seen? How come you are ok with such over-the-top rhetoric? That doesn't disturb you? If you really are interested in an objective discussion, you should come down on that like a ton of bricks.

Can we please stop these silly attempts at shutting interested parties up, just because they don't constantly sing the praises and have some issues they want to discuss or see resolved?
HansTWN is offline   Reply With Quote