View Single Post
Old 03-27-2014, 06:37 PM   #1
Cinderela
Enthusiast
Cinderela began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle
Brand New KF HD refuses to sync

Anyone else have this problem? This is my 3rd kindle - I have a KB 3G, a 1st Gen Fire and now this new Fire HD.

I use Calibre & CC to manage my entire 2,000 book collection. I did have a problem with Calibre not "seeing" my HD, but read through the threads here and I discovered I have to "send to device", not "save in single directory" as I had been doing. (Although I do wish the "fix asin" option worked on the KF HD)

When my standard mobi didn't work, I went to the native AZ file, deleted the book off both and re-copied it on to both the KB & the KF HD. No matter what combo I tried, I couldn't get the two to sync.

Now, the KB & the 1st gen still synch perfectly to each other, regardless of the source of the file. (My Calibre library was all converted to mobi). In fact, I believe the KB has the AZW (AZ3? - amazon's native format) on it now and it synchs with my 1st gen that has mobi format on it. And it's not an Amazon sourced book.

Nothing visible happens on the HD when syncing, either through the individual book or the "synch all" option from the settings menu. It won't sync either way, either from or to.

Of course, 3 chats with Amazon hasn't solved the problem yet.

I didn't know if this should be a Fire question or a Calibre question. I chose Fire, because Calibre is flawless on my other two kindles, so it seems the HD is the problem. (I have a next gen paperwhite on order and really am desperate to get this solved before it comes in May!)

I would be extremely grateful if anyone has any suggestions or solutions.

Last edited by Cinderela; 03-27-2014 at 07:37 PM.
Cinderela is offline   Reply With Quote