View Single Post
Old 04-13-2011, 06:32 PM   #138
kiwidude
Calibre Plugins Developer
kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis
Quote:
Originally Posted by Noughty View Post
But downloading to shelf column shelves from goodreads works fine. Just the tag column remains empty, unless I read from metadata from the book itself. If this should go to metadata plug in, I am sorry but I am a little lost now about what goes where
Right, so it isn't "Download shelves as tags" in this plugin you are now having problems with then by the sounds of it.

To try to answer your confusion:
- A metadata download plugin will only directly update the standard columns like you see in the edit metadata dialog - stuff like publisher, date, isbn, title/author (depending on your settings in Preferences) and tags if available.
- A metadata covers download plugin is responsible for the covers (funnily enough)
- Anything you do off the Goodreads Sync menu belongs to the Goodreads Sync plugin in this thread

So look at the action you are performing. If you are hitting Ctrl+D then this is the "Download metadata" menu in Calibre. Which runs the metadata download plugins, like "Goodreads metadata".

What you have described sounds like a problem with downloading metadata which is back on the other thread. But don't bother, I will take a look now. My other comments about sending your database still stand, it would help us solve the errors we see with your custom column you posted earlier.
kiwidude is offline   Reply With Quote