View Single Post
Old 06-14-2007, 05:54 PM   #1
Dr. Drib
Grand Sorcerer
Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle: Oasis 3, Voyage WiFi; Kobo: Libra 2, Aura One
Ballantyne, R. M.: The Coral Island. v1. 14 June 07

Continuing with Island fiction.

Ballantyne wrote a lot of adventure fiction in the late 1800s. I just saw this book and almost bought it. (Confession: I haven't read this.) Hey! Someone owes me a 3rd "umbrella drink."

Here are two different quotes:

"Three English boys, shipwrecked on a deserted island, create an idyllic society despite typhoons, wild hogs, and hostile visitors. Then evil pirates kidnap one of the youths whose adventures continue among the South Sea Islands."

"With many adventures of discovery, bloodly battles, pirates and a cat! - it's clear from the start that this book is a book of fresh air from the usual run-of-the-mill survival stories."

I hope you enjoy it.

Don
This work is assumed to be in the Life+70 public domain OR the copyright holder has given specific permission for distribution. Copyright laws differ throughout the world, and it may still be under copyright in some countries. Before downloading, please check your country's copyright laws. If the book is under copyright in your country, do not download or redistribute this work.

To report a copyright violation you can contact us here.
Attached Files
File Type: lrf Ballantyne, R. M. - The Coral Island.lrf (342.1 KB, 996 views)
Dr. Drib is offline   Reply With Quote