View Single Post
Old 05-16-2013, 10:11 PM   #68
hwlester
Wizard
hwlester ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hwlester ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hwlester ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hwlester ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hwlester ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hwlester ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hwlester ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hwlester ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hwlester ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hwlester ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hwlester ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony Reader PRS-T1, Kindle Touch, misc. Android devices, Nook HD+
Quote:
Originally Posted by jswinden View Post
Very true. I routinely strip the DRM on my PURCHASED books to correct and/or improve the formatting so they are easier on my eyes. I then use KindlePreviewer and SendToKindle to put the modified version in my Amazon Cloud so I can use Whispersync with them. Since I keep the books in my library only, and never give them to others, I don't have a guilty conscious at all.
I also strip the DRM, and fix various issues (like one I bought last night that had a couple of letters transposed in the author's first name). I just tried the trick you mentioned above and it came across with a generic cover that says Personal Document with the title. Is that normal or did I miss something? I'd be interested to convert many of my legally purchased EPUB's to Kindle format this way, but I'd like them to show actual covers.
hwlester is offline   Reply With Quote