View Single Post
Old 09-28-2012, 08:09 PM   #44
Hitch
Bookmaker & Cat Slave
Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K2, iPad, KFire, PPW, Voyage, NookColor. 2 Droid, Oasis, Boox Note2
Quote:
Originally Posted by Doitsu View Post
That's definitely a possibility, however, since I just successfully generated an .azw3 file with Calibre that doesn't have these guide problems, I strongly suspect that there's a bug in the current KindleGen version.

Do you happen to know whether Amazon offers older KindleGen versions for download hidden on their server somewhere?
Doitsu:

We've been experimenting with this here, as well. It's our opinion that it's a K3 rendering engine issue. When we dl your test file, the "go to" on my Fire works. Of course, unfortunately, there wasn't really another page in front of it, as a viable test. It doesn't seem to work correctly on the K3. ETA: I mean to say, I do not believe it is a KG or KP issue.

We have several books we've tested--they work fine on KP, on Fire and on K2, but the K3 can sometimes--not always--jump to the middle of the first page of Chapter 1 (or whatever page is set as the "text" location).

I hope that this helps. (I would have replied sooner, but getting sideloaded files to finally SHOW UP on the Fire is a never-ending problem. It's very annoying. And, yes, I reboot and reboot, but for some reason, the delay time is frustrating as hell. Doesn't matter if I use wifi or USB.)

Hitch

Last edited by Hitch; 09-28-2012 at 08:12 PM. Reason: Added a clarification.
Hitch is offline   Reply With Quote