View Single Post
Old 09-12-2012, 03:23 AM   #319
MarvinO
MarvinO is generous with chocolateMarvinO is generous with chocolateMarvinO is generous with chocolateMarvinO is generous with chocolateMarvinO is generous with chocolateMarvinO is generous with chocolateMarvinO is generous with chocolateMarvinO is generous with chocolateMarvinO is generous with chocolateMarvinO is generous with chocolateMarvinO is generous with chocolate

Device: Kindle Touch
What is the right way to replace the default Caecilia LT font with a newer version? I got my hands on the new and improved version 5.40 (used in kindle 4.1.0 and kindle keyboard 3.4 - both have identical font files after latest update).

I made "Caecilia LT" directory and renamed:
Caecilia_LT_65_Medium.ttf > Caecilia LT Regular.ttf
Caecilia_LT_66_Medium_Italic.ttf > Caecilia LT Italic.ttf
Caecilia_LT_75_Bold.ttf > Caecilia LT Bold.ttf
Caecilia_LT_76_Bold_Italic.ttf > Caecilia LT Bold Italic.ttf

Then tried to activate it, it told to rebuild cache, I did, it found the new fonts and asked for framework restart. After restart whenever I enter the "Font Hack" application the kindle just reboots.

It created fonts.dir and fonts.scale inside "Caecilia LT" directory and 00-Caecilia LT.conf in /fonthack. When I remove them the Font Hack application starts, but when I activate "Caecilia LT" it behaves just as I described.

Does it need unique names and when I want to use newer version font with the same name this hack can't be used?
MarvinO is offline   Reply With Quote