View Single Post
Old 12-29-2011, 04:21 PM   #254
kado
Enthusiast
kado began at the beginning.

Device: Nook 1st Edition
Hi Jackie_W,

I too have a Nook Standard (1st edition) and killing myself to achieve an epub to epub font conversion as explained in the posts 9 and 18, even though it was written for Sony readers. I think I managed to narrow down the reasons for my failure to two, which are:
1) Either the font I use do not contain any regional language support, in my case it is Turkish
2) Or, as you pointed out in your post #252, the blue bits are not correct for my Nook.

When I connect my Nook, I see nook as a new drive and when I double click I see all folders inside. There are a "my fonts" folder to which I believe all new fonts should go. However, I tried almost all possibilities but failed to correctly identify inner folder structure for N1E to locate my fonts. Still not sure what to type there.

As for the correct font, I am still not sure if the fonts I use support non-western characters, perhaps that's the reason why I see "?" in the epub I created with Calibre.

Actually, Calibre does not seem to be working correctly neither. When I convert an epub to epub so that all Turkish chars could be displayed correctly, I check the .css file inside the newly created epub file but I see stylesheet1.css (with a 1 attached at the end) and this file lacks the @font-face decleration bit for font family and all supporting 4 font-types as proposed in the previous posts.

Can anyone suggest a solution for my font replacement endeavour for creating proper epub files?
kado is offline   Reply With Quote