View Single Post
Old 06-06-2010, 06:11 AM   #23
FlorenceArt
High Priestess
FlorenceArt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FlorenceArt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FlorenceArt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FlorenceArt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FlorenceArt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FlorenceArt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FlorenceArt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FlorenceArt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FlorenceArt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FlorenceArt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FlorenceArt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad Pro 9.7, iPhone 6 Plus
All you have to do to be included in the thread is participate But you're here now, I hope all is well.

I started reading the volume by Seneca I got from the library. It promises to be very exciting. The introduction gives some background on Seneca and the world he lived in. I read a few lines and left it for later, but it seems extremely interesting. Then I started the Letters to Lucilius, and I already found a nice quote:

Quote:
It is not the man who has too little, but the man who craves more, that is poor.
Second letter to Lucilius.

Although the translation in my French version sounds better to me:

Quote:
Poverty comes not from a lack of resources, but from an overabundance of desires.
Back to reading...
FlorenceArt is offline   Reply With Quote